As we head into Fall, it is time to begin planning for next year. As we do so, one of the roles of our leadership is to keep you informed about our financial health.
The Leadership Team and staff work hard to be faithful stewards of your generous offerings. To that end, here is a snapshot of our current financial health.
We are a generous community!
- Year-to-date undesignated offerings are slightly above what we had budgeted for 2019. Thank you!
- Year-to-date undesignated offerings are also about $10,000 above what they were last year at this point.
- In addition, we have received just about $8,500 in unplanned gifts for a designated purpose.
- Every week, about 40 hours of volunteer time happen around the church. The gift of this valuable time often means that we don’t have to pay someone to come in and do that work. That is a minimum of 2,080 volunteer hours a year!
- We are not in this ministry alone! About 7.5% of our income comes from grants and gifts from the Gulf Coast Synod and other congregations who support our ministry here.
- Finally, it is impossible to count the in-kind gifts that come into our ministry each week. Individuals and families that donate specific items that are needed for our ministry.
Loved People Serve People
- Of our income, 7% immediately goes back to our partners in the Gulf Coast Synod to support the work that we do together – disaster relief, new congregations, campus ministry, and hunger relief.
- In addition, we continue to provide financial partnership to Congregacion Belen in Lima, Peru.
We are Faithful Stewards
- Our year-to-date spending is 3% below what we budgeted to spend.
- We have also spent about $3,000 less than we did year to date in 2018.
- Some of our biggest financial savings have been in moving to different vendors or adjusting our use habits for our utilities and maintenance needs.
- The reserve in our checking account is currently $65,000
- Through September, our operating account is in the black – at $3,800 more than expenses. Together, our generosity and faithful stewardship help us to maintain a financially healthy ministry.
Capital Fund Update
- We received pledges for $267,000 over the 2019-2022 period
- Year to date, we have received $50,000 in capital fund / building fund gifts.
- We need a total of $81,000 this year to pay our mortgage note.
- The principle balance on our mortgage is only $230,00.
How You Can Help
- Thank you for your generosity! We appreciate every gift you give to support our ministry.
- As in every ministry and non-profit, a strong finish in the last quarter of the year is essential to our ministry. Please continue to be generous as the end of the year approaches.
- If you are able to make an extra gift to our capital campaign, it may be just the gift we need to push us over the top.
- Automated giving helps us to have a stable income each month. You can either arrange this through your own bank, or use our online giving service.
- End of the year gifts from bonuses, unexpected income, or for tax year purposes are a huge boost to the close of our year.
- And above all else: Continue to hold our staff, leadership, and all of our members in prayer.